Try our fresh frozen organic red currants today!
Red Currants are a beautiful red, tart berry that grows in grape-like clusters throughout Europe and parts of North America. Our organic red currants are grown organically and sustainable in Europe each summer, then hand picked and flash frozen on harvest day to lock in the maximum amount of nutrition and flavor. Traditionally red currants have been popular throughout Europe and often used in making jams, jellies, juices, wines, and compotes. Red currants are a very health berry containing extremely high amounts of vitamin C, which helps aid your immune system and over all health. Frozen red currants also make an excellent garnish on salads or when cooked in delicious desserts. Shipped frozen straight to your door! Enjoy!
Antioxidant (ORAC) Score 2,300 (uMTE/100g)
- Our organic red currants are rich in fiber, which aids good gut function and even the development of healthy gut micro flora.
- Red currants are rich in Vitamin C, which has vital protective antioxidant properties.
- Red currants help fight against various forms of cancer, as well as helps in many specific everyday functions.
- An excellent source of vitamin k which is essential to building strong bones, preventing heart disease, and crucial part of other bodily processes.
- Pastries, meats, juice, jam, jelly, pies, compotes.