Try our fresh frozen organic honeyberries today!
This little known super fruit has a delicious sweet-tart flavor reminiscent of red raspberries, blueberries, saskatoons and black currants. It comes packed with more polyphenols than tea, coffee or red wine and five times the amount of phenols compared to blueberries. It also has great amounts of Vitamin C and fiber making this little gem is an excellent addition to your daily diet as well as a tasty snack straight out of the bag. Honeyberries are a non-climbing honeysuckle native to cooler areas in the Northern Hemisphere such as Canada, Japan, Russia, and Poland. The native Ainu people of Japan call the honeyberry hasukappu which translates to “a bunch of little presents at the top of the branches” and they are thought of as the ‘fruit of longevity.’ These tasty berries are an excellent substitute for blueberries in most recipes and make great pies, jams, tarts and smoothies to name a few. Enjoy!
- Honeyberries have more polyphenols than tea, coffee, and red wine and five times the amount of phenols compared to blueberries
- They contain significant sources of potassium, calcium, phosphorous, and iron for help in decreasing the risk of strokes, preserving mineral bone density and helping eliminate fatigue as well as sources of fatigue.
- They have twice the Vitamin A and four times the Vitamin C as Blueberries, so they are an excellent choice to help promote overall immune health while aiding in warding of macular degeneration and certain cancers.
- Fresh frozen honeyberries are a great source of fiber which is known to help keep you regular and promote digestive health as well as helping reduce the risk of heart disease and diabetes.
- Honeyberries are known to have great anti-inflammatory properties which may be beneficial for eye and cardiovascular health as well as assisting in reducing the risk of colon cancer.