Our Fresh Frozen Idaho Huckleberries are carefully hand picked in the rugged foothills of Idaho each summer. Picking wild huckleberries by hand helps preserves their unique and delicious wild huckleberry flavor. As seasoned pickers know wild huckleberries are very difficult to pick. Families for generations have spent many hot summer days fighting mosquitoes, bears and deer for these wonderful huckleberries. It just seems the best huckleberry bushes are always swarmed with mosquitoes. Many of these Idaho huckleberries come from the Priest Lake area that produces amazingly sweet berries. Our huckleberries are flash frozen straight after they are picked to lock in this wonderful flavor and aroma. This process also insures maximum antioxidant capacity in the berry. Wild huckleberries are not certified organic but we consider all our wild berries better than organic. They are truly mothers natures food. Typically growing naturally on US forest service land they are 100% spray free. Wild berries are typically four to eight times greater in antioxidants than farmed berries making them true super fruits. Huckleberries have been used by Native Americans for hundreds of years as natural medicine. You can buy frozen wild huckleberries online and have the them shipped directly to your door. Try our delicious fresh frozen Idaho huckleberries today. Huckleberries truly are the best of the wild. Product of the USA.
Antioxidant (ORAC) Score- 11,100 (per 100g)
- Wild Huckleberries are associated with lowering cholesterol; protecting against heart diseases, muscular degeneration, glaucoma, varicose veins, and peptic ulcers.
- High in vitamin C, wild huckleberries protect the body against immune deficiencies, cardiovascular diseases, prenatal health problems, and eye diseases.
- Clinical studies show that huckleberries promote eye health, especially with diabetics.
- Many customers have found wild huckleberries help control blood sugar spikes and with diabetes.
- Smoothies, on cereal or granola, in yogurt, pie, pancakes, ice cream, muffins, fish or meat topping