Dried organic black mulberries make a great snack straight from the bag or when added in fruit salads or trail mixes. Black mulberries are much more flavorful than their white counterparts with a mildly tangy flavor that is very delicious. Mulberries have been eaten for hundreds of years throughout Europe and Asia, where they are popular in jams, syrups, pies, etc. Fresh off the bush they look very similar to a blackberry. Our dried organic black mulberries are grown organically in Europe and dried to perfection without any sugars or oils added. They are 100% fruit and all natural. Mulberries are large, deciduous trees native to warm, temperate, and subtropical regions of Asia, Africa, and the Americas. Technically, the mulberry fruit is an aggregation of small fruits. Black mulberries, in particular, are more flavorful and tasty than their fellow white, and red varieties.
** Raw – 100% berries with no sugar or oils added
- Black mulberries have some of the highest amounts of resveratrol of all natural foods.
- Black mulberries contains Zea-xanthin, an important dietary carotenoid that helps protects the retina from the harmful ultraviolet rays through light-filtering actions.
- Mulberries are an excellent source of iron, which is a rare feature among berries, contain 1.85 mg/100 g of fruits (about 23% of RDI). Iron, being a component of hemoglobin inside the red blood cells, determines the oxygen-carrying capacity of the blood.
- Black mulberries are also a good source of minerals like potassium, manganese, and magnesium. Potassium is an important component of cell and body fluids that helps controlling heart rate and blood pressure. Manganese is used by the body as a co-factor for the antioxidant enzyme, superoxide dismutase.
- Mulberries are rich in B-complex group of vitamins and vitamin K. Contain very good amounts of vitamin B-6, niacin, riboflavin and folic acid. These vitamins are function as co-factors and help body in the metabolism of carbohydrates, protein, and fats.
- Snack from the bag, trail mix, on granola, smoothies, muffins, on yogurt, baking