Our Dried Organic Barberries are dried without any additives such as sugar or oils making them a delicious and healthy treat. Dried organic barberries have a unique lightly tart flavor that is great straight from the bag or can be used in cooking. The barberry fruit is a small berry that is dark red in color. Barberries are long and narrow fruits like a bar, hence the name barberry. Dried organic barberries is one of nature’s true superfoods that has been used medicinally for centuries, mainly in Europe and Asia. Barberries can be an effective cleanser for the liver and is used to promote vigor and immunity. They are used in cooking for their pleasantly acidic taste and fruity aroma. The barberry fruit contains a natural compound called berberine. This compound has great antibacterial, anti fungal and antiprotozoal properties. Berberine works by inhibiting bacteria’s ability to attach to human cells thus being an excellent protection against many infections such as sinusitis and other respiratory tract infections. Dried barberries make a delicious treat straight from the bag, or you can add them to your oatmeal, yogurt, granola, salad or baking. There is no wrong way to enjoy this healthy addition to your daily diet. Shipped straight to your door.
** Raw – 100% berries with no sugar or oils added
- Wild Barberries are rich in many key Antioxidants including Vitamin C. They have been used for hundreds of years to treat gout and dissolve kidney stones.
- Barberries can be an effective treatment for bladder, urinary, yeast and gastrointestinal infections
- Barberries can also be used as an aid in treating a sore throat, heart burn, sinusitis, bronchitis, nasal congestion and respiratory inflammation
- Berberine is a natural compound found in barberries that has excellent antibacterial, anti fungal and antiprotozoal properties. This is an excellent way to help fight against respiratory tract infections, urinary tract infections and inflammation.
- Berberine found in barberries acts on the smooth muscles that line the intestines helping aid in improved digestion and reduced gastrointestinal pain. It can also help treat diarrhea from food poisoning.