Wild Maine Scallops
Try our fresh frozen wild Maine scallops today!
Our fresh frozen wild Maine scallops are sustainably harvested from the wild waters off the coast of Maine. Within 24 hours the scallops are individually frozen on board the boat. This locks in all the nutritional value, delicious flavor and aroma. Wild Maine scallops have a lightly sweet taste with a melt in your mouth buttery texture. Scallops are a salt water bivalve mollusk that are primarily harvested for their abductor muscle which holds the two shells together. There are many, many delicious ways to prepare your scallops. We prefer to keep it simple and lightly pan sear them in butter and oil with salt and pepper until golden brown. Be careful not to over cook them! These tasty delicacies are individually frozen for your ease of use. So you can eat 1 or 2 or 3... or as many as you would like! Their juicy and succulent meat is very easy to over cook and turn rubbery. It pays to be diligent and keep a close eye on them while they are cooking. Delivered frozen directly to your door. Enjoy!
How many scallops are there in a pound?
- There are roughly 10-20 scallops per pound.
- These scallops are individually quick frozen in 2lb packages
- Scallops are an excellent source of B12 which may help aid in cardiovascular health and provide protection against some cancers.
- Scallops have large amounts of Omega-3 fatty acids which may help control blood pressure and other issues related to blood pressure.
- Wild Maine scallops are also a good source of magnesium which helps promote the transmission of nerve impulses, body temperature regulation, detoxing, energy levels, and the formation of healthy bones and teeth.
** MSC Certified.
FREE Shipping on orders over $125