Dried Organic Elderberries
Try our dried organic elderberries today!
Our dried organic elderberries are harvested at peak ripeness and dried naturally. We don't use any additives such as sugars and oils during our drying process. This ensures the highest quality, flavor and nutritional value. For centuries elderberries, or sambucus nigra, have been used in folk medicine from Europe and North America, to Western Asia and North Africa. As recently as 1995 elderberry juice was successfully used to treat a flu epidemic in Panama. Elderberries are a true superfood with high amounts of vitamins C, A and B, as well as quercetin, flavonoids, tannins, amino acids, and anthocyanins. They are known to possess powerful antioxidant properties which help aid in immune, eye, and heart health, as well as lowering cholesterol and treating flu, coughs, viral and bacterial infections. There are many ways to consume dried wild elderberries. Our favorite is to make them into a syrup with some ginger and honey. You can add this syrup to your daily smoothies for a health boost, or to some sparkling water for a refreshing, delicious and healthy soda. Enjoy!
- Elderberries are an excellent source of Vitamin A which help aid in vision and immune health as well as cell growth.
- Vitamin C present in elderberries help promote healthy skin, teeth, bones and immune health.
- Elderberries are also an excellent source of Vitamin B6 which helps fight depression.
- An excellent source of anthocyanins, elderberries are great for reducing sinus swelling and inflammation often associated with the flu or a cold.
- Flavonoids found in elderberries have powerful antioxidant properties which may help prevent damage to the body’s cells.
- Elderberries are a great source of iron and potassium which help fight off anemia and lower blood pressure which in turn reduces the risk of stroke and heart disease.
Serving Suggestions: Jams, jellies, pies, drinks, syrups.
Ingredients: Organic Elderberries.
FREE Shipping on orders over $125