Our fresh frozen organic blueberries provide you with extra benefits that enhance the value of your purchase: blueberries are already one of the healthiest foods you can eat, but fresh frozen organically grown blueberries are even better for your general health, at the same time having a reduced impact on the environment. In addition, fresh frozen means that optimum nutrient levels are maintained longer after purchase.
Here are some of the health benefits that blueberries provide:
1. Loaded with essential Vitamins and Minerals and healthy Fiber: a one-cup serving of blueberries contains:
16% of the Daily Value of Vitamin C
24% of the Daily value of Vitamin K, and
22% of the Daily Value of Manganese
14% of the Daily Value of Dietary Fiber
- Rich in Antioxidants: blueberries have one of the highest antioxidant levels of all common fruits and vegetables. One group in particular, anthocyanins, is thought to be responsible for much of these beneficial health effects, including a reduced risk of several inflammation-related chronic diseases such as arthritis, as well as improved cognitive function.
- Heart Health: the antioxidants in blueberries are also beneficial for heart health. They help lower blood pressure, reduce LDL (“bad”) cholesterol levels, and improve overall cardiovascular function.
- Brain Health: regular consumption of foods containing antioxidants, in particular anthocyanins, may delay the brain aging processes, improve brain function, and help in maintaining good cognitive function.
- Digestive Health: blueberries are a good source of dietary fiber (3.6 grams per cup), which is essential for digestive health. Regular fiber intake promotes regular bowel movements and prevent constipation.
- Improved Vision: blueberries are rich in Vitamin A, and anthocyanin, which are crucial for eye health. Regular consumption can reduce the risk of age-related macular degeneration.
- Weight Management: blueberries are low in calories (one cup contains only 84 calories) and fat, making them a healthy food option for those trying to manage their weight and reducing the risk of obesity and diabetes. It is, in effect, a healthy alternative as an added sweetener for yogurt, cereals, pancakes and shakes. The fiber content also promotes a feeling of fullness.
- Diabetes: Research suggests that anthocyanins in blueberries also have beneficial effects on insulin sensitivity and glucose metabolism. Improved insulin sensitivity may lower the risk of metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetes,
- Cancer Prevention: some studies suggest that the anti-oxidants in blueberries may have a role on reducing the risk of certain types of cancers by reducing DNA damage, a leading driver of cancer. However, additional studies are ongoing to clarify this.
A word about the added the benefits of consuming organically grown blueberries
The myriad health benefits of eating fresh and frozen blueberries are multiplied when these are organically grown. These health benefits include:
· Reduced exposure to harmful chemicals including synthetic pesticides, herbicides, or genetically modified organisms (GMOs);
· No antibiotics or growth hormones are used
For those concerned about the environment, organic farming methods enhance soil quality and reduce soil erosion. Organic farming also reduces pollution, and conserves water and energy.
The bottom line
Blueberries are an incredibly nutritious and healthy food. They boost heart health, digestive health, and brain function. They may lower the risk of developing cancer, metabolic syndrome and Type 2 diabetes. They aid in weight management, and they are a refreshing and great tasting snack alone or as an additive to cereals, pancakes, shakes, and yogurt.
Add in the benefits of organic growth, and Northwest Wild Foods Frozen Organic Blueberries are the best choice for your blueberry cravings and culinary magic.