fruit and nut granolaINGREDIENTS: ⅓ cup maple syrup ⅓ cup packed light brown sugar 4 teaspoons vanilla extract ¼ teaspoon salt ½ cup canola oil 5 ½ cups old-fashioned rolled oats 2 cups raw almonds, chopped coarse 1 cup dried goldenberries, chopped 1 cup dried tart cherries, chopped DIRECTIONS: Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Place oven rack on middle position.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine maple syrup, brown sugar, vanilla, salt, and oil. Mix well.
- Fold in oats and almonds until thoroughly coated.
- Transfer oat mixture to baking sheet and spread evenly (about ⅜ inch thick). Using a stiff metal spatula, compress mixture until very compact.
- Bake until lightly browned, 40 to 45 minutes, rotating pan halfway through baking.
- Remove granola from oven and let cool on baking sheet to room temperature. Break cooled granola into pieces of desired size.
- Stir in goldenberries and tart cherries. (Granola can be stored at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.) Serve.