1/2 cup Chobani Coconut Greek Yogurt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. almond extract
1 extra large egg
2 cups flour
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup (1 stick) real butter, cold and cut up
1/4 cup coarse ground almonds
1/2 cup lightly packed white chocolate chips
3/4 cup frozen wild huckleberries, unthawed, we like Northwest Wild Foods brand sugar for top
1 cup powdered sugar
1 Tbl. half and half or cream
1 Tbl. soft butter
1/2 tsp. clear vanilla, optional
1 tsp. coarse ground almonds
1-2 Tbl. toasted coconut
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. (*Keep berries frozen until ready to fold in.)
2. Line baking sheet or pizza pan with parchment paper and spray. Set aside.
3. In small bowl, combine wet ingredients and set aside.
4. In large bowl, whisk to mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon well. Cut in cold butter until it resembles fine crumbs.
5. Stir in white chocolate chips and almonds.
6. Gently stir in egg/yogurt mixture just until moistened a little.
7. Carefully fold in frozen berries and just fold until mixture is all just moistened and berries are evenly distributed using a spoon and your hands if necessary. I did! That’s what they’re there for!
8. Place mound of dough onto center of sprayed parchment, pat into a 3/4″ thick circle. Sprinkle top with a little sugar.
9. Cut into 8 wedges, pulling them out a little so that they aren’t touching.
10. Bake for 28-30 minutes until golden. Remove from oven and place baking sheet onto rack to cool.
11. When cool, whisk glaze ingredients in small bowl until creamy. Spoon into a baggie into one corner, twist top closed, snip a tiny piece off of corner and pipe on glaze. *To measure the powdered sugar I just scooped and leveled with my finger. I didn’t spoon it in or pre-sift.
12. Sprinkle with coarse ground almonds and toasted coconut.
13. Store at room temp. tightly covered.
Makes 8 wedges
Courtesy of Mrs. Kelly Williams