- 1 ½ cups large green lentils, cooked
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- ¼ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup honey
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups fresh Saskatoon berries
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- In a blender, combine ½ cup lentils and ¼ cup orange juice. Purée until smooth.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, allspice and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a separate bowl, mix together lentil purée, remaining lentils, remaining orange juice, honey, oil, eggs and Saskatoon berries. Add to dry mixture stirring only until dry ingredients are moistened. Spoon mixture into paper lined muffin cups, filling ¾ full.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.