Try this exquisite Moist Rhubarb Coffee Cake recipe!
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup thawed frozen egg substitute
- 1 cup nonfat palin yogurt
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups coarsely chopped Organic Rhubarb
Rhubarb with its uniquely tangy taste, is a favorite of many Midwestern and East Coast transplants.
- Stir diced uncooked Organic Rhubarb into the coffeecake batter and bake
- Sift together cake flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a large bowl
- Stir in 1 cup brown sugar
- Place egg substitute in bowl. Stir in yogurt, applesauce and vanilla.
- Stir into flour mixture just until ingredients are almost blended
- Quickly stir in Organic Rhubarb just until mixed
- Turn into 9 x 9 inch pan sprayed with non-stick vegetable spray or lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle top evenly with remaining 2 Tbsp sugar
- Bake at 350′ F 30-35 minutes or until middle is cooked
Source: Donna Deane, Times Food Stylist