Try our fresh frozen Alaskan weathervane scallops today!
Our fresh frozen Alaskan weathervane scallops are sustainably harvested from the wild depths of the Alaskan waters each season. Within minutes of being plucked from the frigid currents, they are hand shucked, cleaned and frozen on board the boat. This locks in all the nutritional value, delicious flavor and aroma. Wild Alaskan scallops have a very distinctive lightly sweet taste with a melt in your mouth buttery texture. This is why they are a culinary favorite of chefs the world over. Scallops are a salt water bivalve mollusk that are primarily harvested for their abductor muscle which holds the two shells together. There are many, many delicious ways to prepare your scallops. We prefer to keep it simple and lightly pan sear them in butter and oil with salt and pepper until golden brown. Be careful not to over cook them! These will arrive in 1.25 lb blocks, they are not individually frozen like all our other items. Their juicy and succulent meat is very easy to over cook and turn rubbery. It pays to be diligent and keep a close eye on them while they are cooking. Delivered frozen directly to your door. Enjoy!
How many scallops are there in a pound?
- There are 20-30 pieces per each pound of scallops.
- The scallops are frozen in 2 x 1.25 lb blocks. They are not individually frozen.
- Scallops are an excellent source of B12 which may help aid in cardiovascular health and provide protection against some cancers.
- Scallops have large amounts of Omega-3 fatty acids which may help control blood pressure and other issues related to blood pressure.
- Wild Alaskan weathervane scallops are also a good source of magnesium which helps promote the transmission of nerve impulses, body temperature regulation, detoxing, energy levels, and the formation of healthy bones and teeth.