TRY OUR WILD ALASKAN LINGCOD TODAY!
Our wild Alaskan lingcod, also known as ophiodon elongatus, or buffalo cod is line caught in the glacial waters off the coast of Southwestern Alaska. The lingcod is then immediately bled and frozen at sea. This ensures maximum freshness and quality for your taste bud pleasure. Lingcod is found only on the West Coast of North America. All the way from the Mexico-California region to the gulf of Alaska. They typically range from 25 lbs-35 lbs, but can become larger than 65 lbs, and their skin sports a grey-brown to green-bluish hue.
What makes this fish such a sought after delicacy however is its fantastic versatility in cooking and delicious flavor. The white meat is soft, velvety, and contains high amounts of healthy Omega 3 fatty acids, and the flavor is rich, yet mild. Just like halibut, this pearl of North America can be grilled, baked or fried. And because of the high oil content it is also an excellent candidate for smoking. You’ll never get bored with the ever multifaceted wild Alaskan lingcod!
Each package contains:
6 x 6 oz boneless fillets
- Wild Alaskan lingcod is an excellent source of protein which help promote healthy bones, cartilage, skin and blood.
- Lingcod is an excellent source of omega 3 fatty acids. These are known to help promote heart health and lower cholesterol.
- Selenium and vitamin B12 found in lingcod may help reduce the risk of colon cancer.
- A Canadian study published in the April 2004 issue of ‘Cancer Epidemiology Biomarkers & Prevention’ suggests that persons whose diet includes more weekly servings of fresh fatty fish have a much lower risk of these three types of cancer. Leukemia, non-Hodgkin lymphoma, and myeloma.
- Lingcod is also a very good source of niacin, another B vitamin that is often used to lower high cholesterol levels, something that can lead to heart disease.