Try our fresh frozen wild strawberries today!
Wild strawberries aka Fragaria Vesca are smaller than their cultivated counterparts. Don’t let that fool you though, the flavor punch they provide is much bigger and sweeter. There really is no comparison. Our wild strawberries are hand harvested wild from forests and fields each European summer, then same day individually flash frozen to lock in their delectable flavor, aroma and nutritional value. Each bite of our wild strawberries takes me back to warm summer childhoods spent in Germany wandering along trails outside the village, picking and eating these little jewels ’till our bellies hurt (it was always worth it!). There is no more honest way to taste some of the best natural goodness that Europe has to offer. As if their extremely delicious taste wasn’t enough reason to eat wild strawberries, their health benefits are amazing as well. Traditionally, Romans used wild strawberries to lift the spirits, relieve bad breath as well as treat different kinds of digestive complaints. As long ago as 2600 BC Chinese emperors used wild strawberries for detoxifying effects and to reduce the effects of aging. Today the recognized health benefits of wild strawberries are numerous and range from helping treat asthma, diabetes and depression, to helping prevent cancer, strokes and heart disease. A great snack ready to eat out of the bag, or perfect for jams, jellies, pies and salads. There is no wrong way to eat wild strawberries! Enjoy!
- High amounts of polyphenyl found in wild strawberries may help reduce blood pressure, thus reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Wild strawberries are an excellent source of fiber and potassium which help maintain regularity and support heart health.
- The antioxidants quercetin, kaempferol, and anthocyanins found in wild strawberries help reduce the risk of blood clots and therefore strokes as well.
- The anti-inflammatory effects of quercetin coupled with Vitamin C may help to alleviate symptoms of allergies including runny nose, watery eyes and hives
- Strawberries are a low glycemic index food and high in fiber which helps regulate and stabilize blood sugar making them an excellent food source for diabetics.