Our fresh frozen marionberries are a plump, juicy blackberry variety grown right here in the fertile Pacific Northwest. Each summer our marionberries are hand harvested at the peak of ripeness, typically in early to mid July. They are then flash frozen to lock in their wonderful flavor and nutritional benefits. These gourmet berries have less seeds than traditional blackberries and an intense sweet blackberry flavor with a hint of tartness. This makes them an excellent choice for making pies, jams, syrups, smoothies & more. Marionberries have quite the lineage as a mixture of an olallie and chehalem blackberry (Which are both themselves hybrids) Our delicious fresh frozen marionberries are shipped frozen straight to your door. Enjoy!
- They are full of antioxidants such as Vitamin C, allic acid and rutin that help promote circulatory health and may help fight against cancer.
- Marionberries are rich in anthocyanins, which can also protect against cancer, heart and circulatory diseases.
- Flavonoids found in this ‘cabernet of blackberries’ are known to have antibacterial, antiviral, anti-inflammatory and neuroprotective properties which are all vital for helping your body deal with the daily onslaught of toxins in your environment.
- They are an excellent source of fiber which is known to help aid in weight loss, digestion and the prevention of diabetes and heart disease.
- Jams, Jellies, Syrups, Pies